Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thoughts on Panoramas

I throughouly enjoyed working on this assignment with Madelyn and found myself incredibly engaged throughout the entire process. Acting as the “Photomerge” tool for this assignment ourselves instead of having Photoshop do it proved to be incredibly challenging and required a lot of planning and careful execution. Yet, I find the product to be extremely aesthetically pleasing and unique and am ultimately glad we approached the project in this manner. Doing so also enabled us to print a nearly 7 foot long image which was rather fun and successful.

I really enjoyed the historical connection to Cassoni’s that this project embodied because it provided us with a direction and clearer purpose of what we wanted to capture…a “modern” Cassoni-like image depicting the “ugliness” of marriage. There were certainly areas Madelyn and I could have improved upon, as noted in critique, but overall I was very satisfied with our end result.

No comments: